Australia Awards Scholarships and Fellowships
Australian Awards scholarship intends to provide education opportunities for students from developing countries to study.
Some of the advantages of these programmes are as follows :
No tuition fees
This scholarship covers all the tuition fees that you might have as a student in Australia.
You will not need to buy the tickets while travelling to/fro Australia. Single return economy class airfare is covered.
Accomodation/Study materials allows
You will be paid AU$5000 to help you establish yourself in Australia. You can use the amount for accommodation, study material, books, etc. However, the payment is done only once.
CLE (Contribution to living expenses)
Your basic living expenses will be taken care of fortnightly.
IAP (Introductory Academic Program)
This program is done 4-6 week prior to start of your classes and is intended to guide you through the various aspects of living and studying in Australia.
OSHC ( Overseas Student Health Cover)
Your basic medical care cost will be taken care of. This is only applicable to the person who has acquired the scholarship.
PCE fees ( Pre-English Courses)
If you happen to struggle in English, you’ll be provided with a course to help you get better at it.
Supplementary Academic Support
For research students, you’ll be provided with a return economy class ticket to your country or within Australia.
Australian Awards Fellowships
The scholarship focuses on the following fields :
- Trade facilitation and international competitiveness
- Agriculture, fisheries and water
- Effective governance: policies, institutions and functioning economies
- Building resilience: humanitarian assistance, disaster risk reduction and social protection
- Gender equality and empowering women and girls
How can you be eligible for the Scholarship?
You need to meet certain criteria in order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship. Some of the criteria are as follows :
- You must be 18 or above in order to apply for the scholarship
- You either have to have a PR or must be applying for one in order to apply for the scholarship
- You must not be in the military
- You should not be married to a person who holds an Australian/ New Zealand citizenship or is eligible to hold one
- You must have a working background in the field of scholarship which you are applying for
- The satisfaction of all the requirements of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection for a DFAT Student Visa 576 is a must.
- You must be able to participate in the nominated Fellowship activities at the time and for the duration proposed by the Australian organization.